Due to uncertainty of COVID19, individuals are reporting more problematic sleep than ever.
When stressed, the body produces additional adrenaline and cortisol to adapt. Chronic activation of these hormones is particularly damaging to sleep:
Not only does it limit deep sleep, leading to mental and physical exhaustion, it also increases anxiety, the primary factor contributing to sleep difficulties.
Olivia Arezzolo, one of Australia’s most qualified sleep experts can’t stress enough the negative impacts of sleep deprivation that often go unnoticed.
Take her self assessment quiz today and start the journey to a better you.
INADEQUATE DEEP SLEEP INCREASES THE STRESS HORMONE CORTISOL BY 37%.
MEMORY LOSS DECREASES
DEEP SLEEP CLEARS OUT THE NEUROTOXIN BETA AMYLOID WHICH IS A MAJOR CAUSE OF MEMORY LOSS AND CAN LEAD TO ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE
Go through the list below and tick any box that is relevant to your current lifestyle. Each box is 1 point. If you score above a 5 then a key factor could be that you are sleep deprived.
- Do you have morning fog?
- Do you feel exhausted until you have had the first coffee?
- Do you struggle to stay focused or motivated throughout the day?
- You struggle to concentrate and find yourself switching between tasks?
- Do you rely on sugar to pep you up?
- Do you crash when you get home?
- Do you feel flat on a regular basis?
- Do you become irritated or moody?
- Do you find yourself becoming anxious for no apparent reason?
- You struggle to lose weight despite exercise and diet?
- Lack of muscle tone?
- Do you suffer with recurrent colds and flu?
- Poor skin integrity (quality)?
- Do you have less than 7 hours on a regular basis?
- Do you struggle to ‘switch off’ in the evening?
- Waking up more than once throughout the night?
- You find yourself saying “i’m so tired” regularly?
- Taking longer than 30 minutes to fall asleep?
IF you have scored below 5 well Done however there is still room for improvement.
If you have scored above 5 this could be a sign that you are sleep deprived. let us help you
Higher than 5? BOOK IN WITH OLIVIA TODAY.
Looking for an expert in a field that we don’t have listed?
We are constantly adding new Experts to the family who may not be visible on our site, enter your email below to stay up to date with new Coote Experts.
We also offer a service, to seek, source and vet an expert to brief on request.
Please contact our Director Regan directly so we can assist firstname.lastname@example.org