A person who is able to convey or exchange information, news, or ideas.
Shaun is a multi-platform journalist, currently reporting as the Sunrise Consumer Correspondent on the Seven Network. He has experience presenting on all of Australia’s free-to-air commercial television networks, as well as print journalism, digital journalism, and radio broadcasting. Shaun also has event presenting experience: hosting the inaugural GQ Australia Men of the Year Awards red carpet on Facebook Live is among his favourites.
As a highly-experienced reporter, Shaun is as confident reporting consumer affairs, property, and travel as he is covering news and human-interest stories. With the unique skill of combining analysis with levity, Shaun is an adaptable media professional who can confidently speak to a broad range of topics. He is particularly interested in how technology, innovation, and convenience intersect and impact our lives.
Shaun is a dedicated and resourceful storyteller, finding the heart of every story he reports on. He considers how to communicate complex matters in a consumer-friendly way, and uses his platform to educate, engage, and excite audiences. Shaun’s approachable demeanour and ability to adapt quickly make him a reliable reporter for hard-hitting stories and light-hearted topics alike. One of his major career highlights was in 2017, when he earnt an interview with tennis legend Serena Williams.
- Expert commentary: consumer affairs, technology, innovation, property, travel, special reports, media and events
- Brand partnerships: consumer and corporate technology, trend forecasting, broadcast media and events
- Media training: key messaging, media landscape, interview scenarios, preparedness and adaptability
For partnership and media enquiries, please get in touch!
EXPLORING CONSUMER AFFAIRS WITH CLARITY, UNDERSTANDING, AND EXPERTISE.
Shaun has the following formal qualifications and on-the-ground reporting experience:
- Reported for SBS, Network Ten, Nine Network, GQ, Seven Network in Australia and TVNZ in New Zealand.
- Bachelor of Communication Studies, Management and Public Relations Bachelor of Communication Studies, Management and Public Relations, The University of Waikato.
- Graduate Diploma, Journalism Graduate Diploma, Massey University.